Fellow Space Frontier Foundationers & Friends,
The paths we blaze to create the future we wish to see come to pass — making space an integral part of a vibrant economy extending out into the solar system to achieve the large-scale permanent settlement of space, and learning to be better stewards of our home planet, will necessarily play out at different levels. What will ultimately make the difference is some combination of evolution and revolution in the marketplace of ideas.
The cooperative efforts/synergy between the Space Frontier Foundation and the National Space Society broadens the field of engagement, grows the community of interest, and has, does, and will continue to make a difference in what comes to pass. As both a Space Frontier Foundation Advocate and Chairman of the Executive Committee for the National Space Society, I implore you to concede the future to no one. Please join us at the International Space Development Conference 2009 and lend your thoughts and voices to the broader communities efforts to transform our tomorrows.
~ Gary Barnhard
The National Space Society’s 28th Annual International Space Development Conference (ISDC) is just a few weeks away. ISDC will engage the public and decision-makers in an open and positive discussion about the role that space exploration, research and development will play in ushering in a new era of hope in a climate of uncertain change. ISDC will have an unprecedented line-up of speakers this year, including:
- Elon Musk, Co-founder of PayPal and Space Exploration Technologies
- Buzz Aldrin, Lunar Module Pilot for Apollo 11 and former Chairman of the NSS Board of Governors
- Alan Ladwig, Senior Advisor to the NASA Administrator
- George Whitesides, Senior Advisor to the NASA Administrator and former NSS Executive Director
- Eric Anderson, CEO, Space Adventures
- Richard Garriott, Sixth private citizen to conduct a space mission aboard the ISS
- Steve Cook, Manager, Ares Projects, NASA
- Alan Lindenmoyer, Manager, Commercial Crew & Cargo Program, NASA
- Chris Lewicki, Mars Phoenix Mission Manager
View the full lineup at www.isdc2009.org/speakers
The space industry is undergoing an unprecedented transformation. From the retirement of the Shuttle to the first flight of WhiteKinght two. To hear the latest developments in space such as:
- The NASA COTS Program – see the latest developments on commercial missions by SpaceX and Orbital,
- Google Lunar X Prize -hear the latest updates from the teams racing to the Moon,
- Women Leaders in Aerospace Panel – learn how top industry executives are ensuring gender equality in the workforce,
- Plus much more!
Register before April 23rd at www.isdc2009.org to SAVE!
Register by April 23rd and get the special NSS room rate at the luxurious Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate. In addition to the family-friendly features of the resort, there will be a FREE kids program for children of ISDC attendees! Register to attend this years ISDC and book your room. We hope to see you there.
Don’t miss the reception and FIREWORKS on Thursday, May 28 exclusively for ISDC attendees. Register now!
Don’t forget —> Expanding on the entrepreneurial & visionary programing at ISDC and celebrating the 40th Anniversary of the Apollo 11 landing, The Space Frontier Foundation’s NewSpace 2009 Conference will be held July 17-20th at NASA’s Ames Research Center in Mountain View, California.