Nyack, NY, June 30, 2008 – The Space Frontier Foundation invites you to attend NewSpace 2008: Creating the Future or Living in the Past. What: NewSpace 2008 Program, When: July 17-19, 2008, Where: Crystal City, VA The Doubletree Hotel (DC-Metro Accessible), How: Registration Page. Important Dates: Moonday, July 7, 2008 – Last Day of Conference Hotel Promotional Price ($149 per/night) Friday, July 4, 2008 – Conference Registration Prices Rise Tuesday, July 15, 2008 – Last Day to Register Online, Registration Prices Rise Again at the Door Further Information on NewSpace 2008: The Space Frontier Foundation’s Annual NewSpace conference is the premier networking event for bringing together the movers and shakers of the space industry for the perfect mix of professional work and fun. A change in the White House administration presents a golden opportunity to fix problems in the nation’s space program and push for further government support of entrepreneurial “NewSpace” ventures. The United States is reaching a crossroads in space development, with the opportunity to create an exciting new future rather than live in the past. The Space Frontier Foundation aims to help light that fire of change with NewSpace 2008. NewSpace 2008 is a single-track program focusing completely on entrepreneurial space activities. Our sessions aim to create productive discussions, rather than presentations, and this year our program is separated into three themes:
- NewSpace Policy – Thursday, July 17th Highlight Speakers include: Brett Alexander, Esther Dyson, Mike Gold, Alex Downie, Gary Hudson, Tim Hughes, Charles Miller, James Muncy, Dr. George C. Nield
- NewSpace Business – Friday, July 18th Highlight Speakers include: Doug Comstock, Paul Eckert, Ed Morris, Rich Pournelle, Bill Reeves, Guillermo Sohnlein, Dennis Stone
- NewSpace Vision – Saturday, July 19th Highlight Speakers include: David Beaver, David Brody, Paul Damphousse, Jeff Krukin, Roger Launius, John Mankins, Michael Coyote Smith, Alan Stern, Rick Tumlinson, Frank White, Loretta Hidalgo Whitesides
NewSpace 2008 Special Events:
Orphans of Apollo: The Battle of the Mir & the New Space Revolution
Friday, July 18th – Included in General Registration
- 5:30pm Pre-Movie Food & Networking Reception kicks-off and includes hot dogs, pretzels, nachos, popcorn & soda.
- 6:30pm The NewSpace 2008 Movie Night will feature an exclusive sneak preview and director’s screening of the film “Orphans of Apollo.”
- 7:30pm Question and answer session with the director and cast, hosted by Roger Launius (Chair, Division of Space History, National Air and Space Museum, Smithsonian Institution).
The extraordinary true story of a rebel group of entrepreneurs who commandeered the Russian Mir Space Station. It was the pioneering efforts of these brave men that set the stage for the privatization of outer space and launched the New Space Revolution. Executive Producer – Michael Potter. www.orphansofapollo.com
Annual Space Frontier Foundation Awards Banquet (black-tie)
This year’s Banquet will feature special tributes to Arthur C. Clarke Saturday, July 19th – Separate Registration Required Includes: Life Achievement Award – Dr. David C. Webb (presented by SFF, NSS, SEDS, Space Generation) Praise for NewSpace 2007: “Guys, fantastic conference!… it’s been great to see the Foundation grow over the years and reach the level of influence it has today… a perfect balance of professionalism with fun and frolic…congratulations!” – Bob Richards, co-founder of the International Space University and CEO of Google Lunar X PRIZEContender Odyssey Moon Ltd. The Space Frontier Foundation hopes you will attend NewSpace 2008 and participate in creating the future in space. Sincerely, William J. Watson Executive Director Space Frontier Foundation (202) 378-4308 firstname.lastname@example.org