5-6 February 2009 at the Crystal Gateway Marriott in Arlington, Virginia
The 12th Annual FAA Commercial Space Transportation Conference promises to be the best ever –with expanded focus on commercial issues– offering plenty of great content for entrepreneurs and all those who support their efforts. FAA’s Office of Commercial Space Transportation (AST) will update participants on their promotion of the growing NewSpace industry, and a number of impressive speakers will offer up-to-the minute perspectives on today’s challenges as well as opportunities
~ Paul Eckert, Space Frontier Foundation Advocate
Featured speakers at this year’s conference include:
- Will Whitehorn, President, Virgin Galactic, London, U.K.
- Chirinjeev Kathuria, Chairman, PlanetSpace, Chicago, IL
- The Honorable Bill Richardson, Governor of New Mexico, Santa Fe, NM (invited)
- Mike Lounge, The Boeing Company, Houston, TX
- Joanne Gabrynowicz, Professor, National Center for Remote Sensing, Air, and Space Law, University of Mississippi School of Law, University, MS
A special “Business Issues” panel, chaired by Paul Eckert (Coordinator, Space Investment Summit Coalition), will take place on Thursday Afternoon, 5 February.
- Courtney Stadd, President, Capitol Solutions, Washington, DC
- Joseph Rothenberg, President, Universal Space Network, Newport Beach, CA
- Christopher Kunstadter, Vice President, XL Insurance, New York, NY
- Alan Dunham, Senior Analyst, National Security Space Office (NSSO), Washington, DC
At the Conference, the FAA’s Office of Commercial Space Transportation (AST) will explore the new era of commercial space transportation along with our government, industry, and academic partners. Some of the aspects of commercial space transportation that will be addressed are:
- A fresh examination of technologies to enable commercial space transportation
- The new support for commercial space launches at federal launch ranges
- An exploration of how commercial space is advancing in the public arena and how federal agencies are becoming new commercial customers
- Discovering how the “wired world” of the Internet can enhance commercial space opportunities and create new ones
- A discussion of human rating launch vehicles of the past, present, and future
For the full program, all conference information, and registration, please visit http://www.aiaa.org/events/ast
There is a special one-day rate available for those who are available to attend sessions on one day only. To register at this rate, please contact Sandra Turner, AIAA Conference Registrar, at email@example.com.
The Space Frontier Foundation and FAA AST look forward to your participation in this year’s conference.