Help Us Advance NewSpace!
Since 1988, we have been an organization of volunteers. To determine how you can help please contact us directly.
- Volunteer Coordinator – Working directly under the President, this volunteer position would take care of three main items–making sure all volunteers are accounted for (updating org charts and sending to the Board of Directors monthly), making sure the volunteers themselves are taken care of (not taken for granted, thanked appropriately, and not over-worked), and working directly with the Project Managers, making sure promotions and inter-project volunteer transfers are managed correctly.
- NewSpace News Editor – Help create the NewSpace News (our monthly newsletter) every month with the NSN editorial team. As an editor, you’ll be responsible for collecting press releases and articles from around the web pertaining to the commercial space industry, writing up concise summaries of relevant news, and promoting the NSN through social media.
- Social Media Volunteers – Savvy with all things social, these volunteers would be great at expressing our brand through our Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube pages. Our March Storm, NewSpace Conference, and Communications teams are in need of these type of volunteers currently. No previous experience necessary–just a healthy desire to learn!
- Marketing Volunteers – Space Frontier Foundation has lots of products and game-changing events, but they’re only as good as the number of people that know about them and attend. These volunteers would find new and unique ways of getting new people to the NewSpace Conference, signing up new members, and bringing in revenue to the Foundation, so that we can turn around and spend those well-earned funds on existing and future projects. Ideally, these volunteers would be entrepreneurially-minded, and either be in an MBA or Marketing college degree program currently, or have a degree in this field already. Any experience in non-profit marketing and/or communications is highly desired as well.
- NewSpace Awards Gala Volunteer – Helping the Project Manager, this potential volunteer would be great at coordinating events, talking to VIP’s and other Hollywood-types, juggling many things at once, coordinating with catering, A/V and other event staff, and most importantly, just making sure nothing gets forgotten. Any experience with previous high-profile events like Golden Globes, Academy Awards, or other high profile black-tie non-profit fundraisers is highly valued.
- Video Game Development Project Manager – This volunteer would know the process of building and developing a video game, and distributing through STEAM and other avenues. Also highly valued for this position is familiarity with games like HALO, Assassin’s Creed, and other top-notch UNITY-based game platforms.
- Membership Volunteer – Working directly with our Membership Coordinator, this volunteer position would help make sure our current and future members are well taken care of…mailings that are fun, informative and exciting (not just a junk mail nuisance), everyone is networking with each other and discussing current topics, and making sure any members who want to volunteer or donate get linked up with our Volunteer Coordinator or Donor Development team.
- Video Production Volunteer – We have a vast amount of raw video footage from the 26 years of conferences we’ve been hosting…and a lot has happened since we began talking about commercial space. We need a self-starter who knows video editing software and would be able to put together short clips that tell the story of SFF…that way, we’re able to use it for marketing purposes, social media, summary presentations, and increasing our overall coolness factor. Knowledge of Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro, or similar would be highly valued.
The Space Frontier Foundation is a 501(c)(3) advocacy organization. Contributions are tax-deductible. You may specify the project you would like your tax-deductible gift to support, or choose the option to give a specified amount on a monthly or annual basis. You can make a donation through:
- Our secure credit card site
- PayPal [via the secure card site above]
The Space Frontier Foundation is not currently seeking interns. Internships are typically summer positions and are posted early in the calendar year. For example of past internship positions, please refer to the the Space Frontier Foundation Internship document from 2010.